Labels

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Mozza Ranch

I have been looking for a while now, for a good ranch recipe for my chicken. I have found some that add the weirdest ingredients and others that sound so completely bland. Finally today, I decided I was going to make my own ranch and chicken recipe.

This is simple and quick. Total cook time is 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear. (165°F )


Ingredients:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts, halved
1/2 cup ranch dressing (whichever you prefer)
1/2 tsp flour
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375°F
Combine ranch dressing and flour in a measuring cup. Mix well to ensure flour does not clump to itself. Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a small spoon, coat one side of the chicken with ranch dressing and place in a shallow, 1 qt. or 1-2 qt. glass casserole dish. Once all pieces are placed in dish, use remaining dressing preparation to cover chicken entirely.


Bake in over for 40 minutes, (uncovered) or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. (165°F) Turn off oven. Remove casserole dish from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and let the natural heat that is left in it to melt the cheese. About 10 minutes so the cheese has a chance to brown a little bit, but not burn.



Remove from oven and serve with whatever sides you like. I chose Sazon Goya seasoned rice and string green beans. Also, you can use the ranch and cheese mixture that is left in the casserole to top your rice or mashed potatoes.

Now, I am sure this isn't the most healthy dinner, but I am pretty sure that if you have ranch lovers in your family like I do, this will become a regularly revisited meal.

TamTam

No comments:

Post a Comment