Labels

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Smothered Pork Chops

I always have a hard time thinking up things to do with pork chops. They are a versatile meat, but after a while they just become boring. I get tired of just meat, veggies and potatoes. There isn't anything interesting about it and eventually you start eating the same thing over and over again.

So I searched online today for a good smothered pork chop recipe. Pretty much the same everywhere. Cream of Mushroom Soup. My DH is not a mushroom fan (he refuses to eat mushrooms because it is a fungus and he calls it athlete's foot). At any rate, I found this recipe by BamaKathy and thought I would give it a try - with a modification or two of my own.




4 pork chops - blades or loins
1 (10 ¾ oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup (buy the NAME brand, creamier-cheaper soups stay lumpy)* I agree 100%
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Onion Powder
¼ cup butter
1 (4 oz.)can of mushrooms, pieces and stems, drained

I followed all of BamaKathy's steps, substituting onion powder for the Lawry's pepper.

In skillet with melted butter,sprinkle both sides of pork chops with seasoned salt and onion powder to taste and brown.

Put into 9 X 13 inch glass casserole and spoon mushroom soup (do not dilute!) and smear all over pork chops.

Cover and seal tightly with heavy aluminum foil and put into pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

Remove foil last few minutes.

*When the pork chops have approx 10 minutes left in the oven, place mushrooms in a small saucepan with 1 tbsp butter. Heat on medium until the mushrooms are warmed through. When pork chops are done, top them with the cooked mushrooms.

Serve with your choice of sides. Tonight I served mine with kernel corn and Velveeta Cheese Shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment