Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cheddar Bacon Ranch Bloom

I originally found this recipe on Pinterest, it led me to Steph at Plainchicken.com, and of course I knew I had to try it immediately. So I set out to buy all of the ingredients, only to find that the sourdough bread called for in the recipe, was a little more than my frugal heart would allow. I made on the spot changes and it turned out brilliant. Give it a try if you like.




1 unsliced loaf of Italian Bread
8-12 oz Colby Jack cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz jar Hormel Real Bacon Bits
Handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp Parsley Flakes

Preheat oven 350°F

Using a bread knife or very sharp knife, cut bread in slices in both directions. Do Not cut all the way through. Place slices of cheese in between cuts going in both directions as well. Sprinkle bacon on bread, in between slices as well. Then place handful of shredded mozzarella on top, lining it with the slices lengthwise.

Mix butter, ranch and parsley flakes together, then pour all over bread, making sure it gets in between the slices. Foil wrap the entire loaf and place in preheated oven on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 mins. Open foil and bake for an additional 10 mins. Remove from oven and serve warm.


I do understand why the sourdough bread is favored. It stays together better when heated because of it's thicker consistency. The Italian Bread did just fine though.

It was a hit with my friends and with my husband - who of course is the judge of all things cooked by me. ;)

There you have it. Give it a try and if you make your own modifications, let me know so I can try them out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment