Labels

Friday, February 3, 2012

Snickerdoodle Bread


My girl friend Kara loves snickerdoodle cookies and so for her birthday I decided to make her a Snickerdoodle bread. I looked for recipes but just couldn't find one that I liked. Somehow, adding sour cream to bread just didn't sound right to me.

So instead I took a Pillsbury Quick Bread and made some of my own changes.



I mixed it according to the box directions, but then added 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla. I mixed it all together in my kitchen aid with a wire whisk on speed 6. Then in a ziploc sandwich bag, I combined 2 tablespoons of white sugar and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.

Spray the bread pan with baking spray then dust it with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. (Don't use it all - just a little). Pour half of the batter into your bread pan, then I sprinkled half of the remaining cinnamon sugar on top. Cover with remaining batter and top with all of the left over cinnamon sugar. Bake in 375F preheated oven for 45-50 mins, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Let rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove and place on a dish.
Serve warm with ice cream or confectioner's sugar icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment