Labels

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 7

I woke today to find that my knee is still a little bit sore, so after showering the first thing I did was put my knee brace back on. What a pain! Don't get me wrong, I love my knee brace and it does wonders, but the thing stinks so bad! I really need to wash it but I need to use it right now. I suppose tonight I will actually wash it up and hang it to dry!

The humidity today is a little bit high - and it is the wet humidity, not the dry that I had become accustomed to in Texas. I was fighting with myself whether I was going to ride today or not. I knew I had to in order to maintain what I have been doing, but my body just didn't want to. Mike walked through the door and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I knew I was going to have to ride.

I was almost finished getting dressed when Michele sent me a text telling me she was on her way here. So I ran like a chicken with my head cut off in order to look at least presentable for her! I took Daisy outside to meet her, Doms (my wee boyfriend) was knocked out in the back seat, so I stood around with Michele, had a smoke, talked some trash, generally loved seeing her! Yesterday we had an FRG breakfast, and because I had Colleen's birthday I didn't get to go. Well Old Navy was also having a huge sale so I sent a text to my girls Michele, Jenn and Misti, telling them my exact size and what style and what color of capri's I wanted. For all intents and purposes, I was kidding. But my girl Michele loves me so much that she bought me some!!! She dropped them off today, along with a couple other surprises. I tried them on and of course she did great! They fit perfectly!

Michele left and I came upstairs, finished my hair and asked Mike if he wanted anything from Popeye's. See, I had to ride my bike so why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Ride AND get a fountain soda! lol I cussed the entire way down the stairs again, because my knee was already complaining! Made it to the garage and there sat my bike, taunting me! Daring me to ride her! Screaming at me that she would not be broken!! Heehee! I put on my helmet, strapped on my reflective belt and hauled her out of the garage!

Climbing on her, my knee screamed but I was not going to be deterred! The wind was perfectly warm and the sun was behind the clouds. I rode down the hill, loving the feel of the breeze, the smell of new growth. I was in Heaven! Took my sweet time too while riding. There was hardly any traffic, so it was great to be leisurely. When I got to Popeye's, the manager was working so I asked him about something that Mike and I have going on the side - he is going to see what he can do for me! ;)

I bought the food, put it in my backpack, and off I was again for home. Now I know it isn't all that far to go there and back, but at least I am getting my daily ride in! And it was a nice ride coming back as well. However, I think I have found the cause of my aching knee. I rode up the hill again today. Once at the top, my knee didn't want to work anymore! It decided that it had enough and told me so! I guess the extra strength and exertion I put on it in order to get up the hill is what might just be aggravating it! Note to self - walk up that stinking hill more often! Does that make me wimpy? I don't care if it does or not. I am not going to ruin what the doctor's fixed for me years ago! Perhaps after I build up the muscles in my shins, thighs and calves more I might be able to tackle the hill with no knee pain, but at this point I will only do what my body tells me I am able to do! ;)

And so now here I sit, kind of cranky but not near as cranky as I was last night.

oOo and I have plans for my ride tomorrow already too! Lookout Michele and Ashley! Tam's coming for lunch!!! lmao

No comments:

Post a Comment