Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 1

I am going to try my hand at this blog thing again. I had one before but it kind of fell to the wayside. Here's hoping that I can commit to this one and get healthy in the process!

I have decided to ride my bike somewhere/anywhere at least once a day for the next 30 days. This should prove to be interesting, because I had promised Daisy that I was going to take her for a walk every day and I have already failed at that! My poor dog!

I rode yesterday but I am actually going to start with today as day 1. Nothing too eventful happened yesterday, other than when I stopped by Colleen's, her son decided to puke all over her!  See, I was trying to get him to come and see me, but he wouldn't come. Good thing too because he would have yakked all over me and that wouldn't have been a good thing for this weak stomach lady! I would have joined in with Izzy and it would have been a "Ralph-Fest!" (*thanks Jenn!)

Anyway, so today - Day 1.
I hopped on my bike and started out. Got down around the bend, saw that Jodi and Kelly were outside so I swung over to say hi. Kelly had no idea who I was at first! Jodi told me about Xander's soccer and I figured I would ride over to see him play. I left there and rode to Popeye's and got a Delta Mini and a fountain soda. After that I headed on over to Misti's house. It isn't all that far, it's just the gradual hill that kills me. I did find a shortcut yesterday so I used that today as well. I made it to Misti's from Popeye's in about 9 minutes! w00t!

I hung out there for a while, watched Colton get his hands all dirty and try to dribble a basketball! He is such a ham! Of course, I don't ever like to over-stay my welcome, so when I was getting ready to leave, I decided that my butt was too sore to try and go see Xander play, so I started out for home. It was a pretty good ride, up until the point where Misti drove by and honked the horn at me! Scared me to the point that I almost lost the bike! Haha!

I made it back to my housing area, and ran into Kirstie walking RJ. Talked to her for a little bit then continued home. Well, I didn't quite make it all the way home on the bike. I had to stop at the bottom of the hill by my house and walk the bike up it! My legs were burning even worse than they were yesterday! I finally managed to get to the top of the hill, hopped back on and made it home. I struggled with the garage door opener, parked my bike, and almost crawled into the house!

I am nuts to think I can do this every single day for the next 30 days, but I am on a mission! Wish me luck!


  1. good luck girl...I like the blog...its cool

  2. Thanks Rachel! I try of course but we both know there are days that we just don't want to do anything at all! lol