Labels

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Social Network Addiction

My husband said tonight, something to the effect that, facebook is an unhealthy addiction.

When he used the word addiction, I kind of went on the offensive. I will admit that I am addicted to an app on facebook - Cafe World - but I do not think that I am addicted to facebook itself. His argument of course, is that the app I am addicted to is part of facebook, thus making me addicted to facebook.

Well, now I am going to study myself and my interactions with facebook.

I will keep a journal starting tomorrow, of how many times a day I am on facebook and what I am doing. I am not sure if I will post my actions every day or every couple of days. That will depend on how large my daily journals becomes. I will do this for one week. Sunday to Saturday. (Of course, I will post my journal logs for all to see.)

After that, I will change those habits the following week and compare the two weeks.

Will this ultimately make me change my habits on facebook? I can't honestly say, but it will be interesting to see the outcome none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment